This is an incredible survivor in the centre of the town, reached via a narrow alleyway. The two are separated by a few colourful houses, so there are people living close by to keep the departed company. Unfortunately due to Covid restrictions, the chapel was not open, but the tiny graveyard made up for it. A sign dates it at 1655 but the first burial was recorded in 1689, with the latest 1911. There is a link to William Shakespeare as members of the Hart family are buried here. His sister became was Joan Hart.
This may be the oldest surviving Baptist Meeting House; it was a 15th century medieval hall house, so easily adapted. The congregation moved to larger meeting house in 1805. It was restored to its 1720 appearance.